Devlog #3

Started by Michael, Jul 19, 2024, 01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

We finished overhauling the buildings last week! Let's dive into how it works.

You can still place pre-made buildings like before, however, if you want to customize the entire building you can do that too. You can place the walls and floors individually, which enables you to create oddly shaped buildings, and the objects inside can be placed wherever you want.

We also added a bunch of new objects! If you played the demo, you'll probably notice that the buildings have doors now. Keeping with the futuristic theme, the doors automatically slide open when they detect nearby colonists. Back in my day, we'd call that "next-gen"!

As most of you know, a big focus of this game is the economy. Colonists make products at work and purchase what they need at a distribution center. Some of these products include furniture and bathtubs, so we added energy and hygiene markers so colonists know where to place them.

Here's a quick house I made:

I put an energy marker in the bottom two rooms, so the colonist who lives here automatically placed some furniture they bought. The top room has a hygiene marker, so the colonist placed a copper bathtub.

I hope this gives you an idea of how the buildings work! Moving forward, I'll be putting all of my effort towards promoting the game. Once we have enough wishlists, we'll be ready to launch!

Thanks for reading, and I hope everyone's having a great summer!

Michael